Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Back in Action for 2015

Hi everyone,

After a year of trauma and angst, I'm r-e-a-l-l-y ready for the 2015 challenge.

I first joined this challenge in 2013 and really enjoyed reading of everyone's success . I live in Sydney, Australia, so my sewing may seem unseasonal, but fits with our climate. Garment sewing is my passion and I've sewn for as long as I can remember - most of my wardrobe is 'Me-Made'.

Unfortunately, my intentions to continue the Challenge in 2014 were waylaid. Much of the first 5 months of 2014 were spent supporting my dear father in hospital. The cancer that he'd faced in early 2013 (and thought he'd beaten) unfortunately resurfaced and aggressively overtook his body. Sadly, he passed away at the end of May. We have been dealing with his estate ever since.

We decided to take a break to the snow in September. Someone wasn't looking after me as I had a very simple fall which resulted in major injury. I dislocated both the tibia and fibia, fractured my tibia vertically and destroyed my knee joint of my right leg!! I don't do things by half. After 2 surgeries, (the first to bring the bones back into alignment with an external frame and the second, to plate and screw the tibia, repair the joint and install a bone graft) and some hospital time, sewing was not an option. Three months in and still using crutches, I'm just getting back to sewing.

I seriously am looking forward to the New Year.

Janine in Sydney, Australia

3 comments:

  1. Yikes! You've had a heck of a year. Wishing you the best getting back into sewing that special me-made wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BeaJay, I am so sorry to hear about your father. May God be with you and your family through this difficult time.And I know it takes a long time, if ever? I lost my dad 10 yrs ago..It is still difficult.
    And then the terrible fall .SO sorry. How are you doing now?
    I knew I had missed seeing your sewing post.. so sorry I didnt check on you. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete